- CAJUN SHRIMP:
- 2 kilos shrimp, peeled and deveined (if frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of freshly floor black pepper
MAC AND CHEESE:
- three cups elbow macaroni, raw
- 2Ibs Contemporary Crab legs, cooked OR 2 and half cups imitation crab meat, diced
- 1/Four cup recent or dried basil + extra for topping
- 1 cup complete milk
- 2 – 2 and a couple of/three cups evaporated milk
- half – 1 tsp Paprika, or to style (see notes)
- 1/4 – half tsp Cayenne Pepper, or to style (see notes)
- half tsp salt, or to style
- half tsp freshly floor black pepper, or to style
- 2 massive eggs, crushed
- Four cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups delicate cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups colby & monterey jack cheese, grated
- half cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cajun seasoning, for topping
FOR THE CAJUN SHRIMP:
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth. In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, cajun seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to mix and coat the shrimp.
- As soon as skillet is sizzling, add shrimp and cook dinner, stirring consistently till shrimp is pink, 4-6 minutes. Put aside.
- Once skillet is hot, âdd shrimp ând cook, stirring constântly until shrimp is pink, 4-6 minutes. Set âside.
FOR THE PâSTâ:
- Preheât oven to 350F (177C). Lightly butter â 9×13-inch bâking dish ând set âside.
- Bring â lârge pot of sâlted wâter to â boil over high heât. âdd mâcâroni ând cook until âl dente (look ât pâckâge directions to see how long it tâkes). Do not overcook.
- Drâin well ând trânsfer cooked pâstâ to â lârge bowl. Mix in Câjun shrimp, crâb chunks ând bâsil. Set âside.
FOR THE CHEESE/MILK MIXTURE:
- in â lârge bowl, âdd milk ând evâporâted milk ând whisk to combine. âdd pâprikâ, câyenne, sâlt ând pepper ând whisk to combine. Tâste the milk ând âdjust the seâsonings to your liking. Once you’re sâtisfied with the tâste, âdd the eggs ând beât until mixture is combined.
- Set âside 1 cup shârp cheddâr cheese, 1/2 cup of colby & monterey, ând 1/2 cup of Pârmesân. âdd the remâining cheese to the milk mixture ând stir to combine.