- 2 cups almond flour (I like Honeyville model) or cashew meal
- half of cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- half of tsp Actual sea salt
- four Tbsp. melted butter or ghee* (I purchase Kerrygold model butter)
- 1 carton of egg whites (16 oz., approx 10 egg whites, slightly below 2 cups)
- Non-compulsory: add 1 cup grated uncooked cheese to make tacky biscuits!
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium bowl, combine (by hand) almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt collectively.
- Stir the melted butter into the flour combination.
- In a separate massive bowl, use an electrical mixer to whip the egg whites till they type stiff peaks. (This makes the biscuits gentle & fluffy.)
- Combine the flour combination into the egg whites till absolutely mixed. (The quantity will lower rather a lot.) Permit it to take a seat 5 minutes to thicken. The consistency ought to be like oatmeal (however not too thick). If it is too skinny (which can occur for those who use cashew meal) add in additional coconut flour 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Utilizing a muffin scoop, scoop the batter onto a Nonstick Silpat or a greased, parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the tops of the batter so that they’re about 1 inch excessive. (You possibly can additionally make easy drop biscuits simply utilizing 2 spoons.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, till they’ve browned properly.
- Permit them to chill barely.
- Serve heat with butter, honey, or gravy, or minimize in half and use in a sandwich.