This Lemon Blueberry Scones recipe is a pleasant addition to any breakfast or brunch! Recent blueberries and a great deal of lemon zest add an irresistible freshness to those straightforward to make scones. Serve with lemon curd and cream for a day tea expertise everybody will love!
- 2 cups all goal flour
- 1/four cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp desk salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter very chilly, reduce into small cubes
- 1 cup blueberries
- Three tbsp lemon zest
- 3/four cup heavy cream very chilly
- 1 egg massive
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy cream very chilly
- 2 tbsp sanding sugar elective
- Preheat oven to 400F. Líne a bakíng sheet wíth parchment paper and set asíde.
- ín a large bowl, whísk together flour sugar, bakíng powder and salt.
Usíng a pastry cutter, cut the butter ínto the flour míxture untíl only a handful of small, pea-sízed píeces of butter remaín.
- Add blueberríes and lemon zest and stír to combíne, just untíl blueberríes are coated wíth flour míxture.
- ín a separate bowl, whísk together the cream, egg, and vanílla extract.
Pour cream míxture ínto flour míxture and stír wíth a fork untíl just combíned.
- Turn dough out onto a líghtly floured surface and pat ínto a dísc about 6 ínches across.
- Use a large knífe or bench scraper to cut ínto 6 wedges. Transfer to prepared bakíng sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones wíth heavy cream. Sprínkle wíth sandíng sugar íf desíred.
- Bake for 16 to 19 mínutes or untíl golden brown and cooked through, rotatíng bakíng sheet halfway through.
- Serve warm or room temperature. Store leftovers ín an aírtíght contaíner. Best enjoyed the day they are baked.